Tutbury Castle was consecrated on May 5th 1897 in the masonic rooms in the Castle Hotel, Hatton. In September 1926 the lodge moved to the Winshill Institute. After the war, in 1947 all lodge effects were moved from the Winshill Institute to the Freemasons Hall in Ashby Road where the lodge now meets.
Tutbury Castle is a friendly, growing, forward-looking and inclusive lodge. The lodge has a good, lively social side. We run an annual quiz night, a summer lunch, a formal Ladies Night and a Christmas ‘Fiasco’. We will actively support and encourage all those members who want to develop their knowledge and understanding of freemasonry to become Master of the lodge.