From the date of the consecration of Chantrey Lodge 2355, on 30 July 1890 by the Right Worshipful Brother HC Okeover, DPG Master, PJGW until 1926 the Lodge Room and one cottage was rented from the Licensed Victuallers Benevolent Trust.
During the intervening years such progress was made that extensions & improvements were necessary and it was during the late 1940s that serious thought was given to purchasing the buildings as we know as the Dore Freemasons’ Hall.
On the 25 August 1951 the Dore Freemasons’ Hall Company Ltd., was incorporated and the buildings purchased accordingly.
The members of the Council of the Dore Masonic Hall Co.Ltd., have constantly had under consideration the development of the buildings to cater for the greatly increased needs of the Lodges meeting at Dore.
In the early 1950s development plans were commissioned and submitted to the DMH Council who found them suitable and within budget, but when submitted for approval to the Local Authority it was refused on the grounds that the proposal used badly needed housing accommodation.