1870 – 1889… Just one year after the consecration of the lodge of St Anne in 1870, temporary accommodation for regular meetings were held in what was then referred to as the ‘OLD COURT HOUSE’ on George Street Buxton, this building had a past history of being the ‘Local Magistrate’s Courthouse’, also as officers for the ‘Buxton Local Board’. This temporary occupation would last for the next 19 years, under the Building ownership of the Duke of Devonshire.
In 1889 the newly built Buxton Town Hall was opened this was designed to accommodate Freemason Meetings in specially incorporated rooms. This was enjoyed for the next 58 years up to 1947 when the Mason’s tenancy agreement was terminated. Temporary accommodation, 1947 to 1957 were found in the upper rooms of the local Collison’s Café.
In 1955 an emergency meeting agreed to purchase of the lease to hold meetings in the Court House on George Street our old home from 1870 -1889.
In 1957 we returned to George Street to our current home now owned by the Phoenix Lodge of St Anne No.1235. Over the past few years this has progressively included numerous local Masonic Lodges to utilise the building and operates under a joint management committee, Phoenix 1235, Buxton 1688 and High Peak 1952. Numerous side degrees also unilise the building.